The Just Slate website is the online shopping portal for a wide range of quality products with their design and manufacture rooted in Scotland, and is run by an established, independent, family business.
We started doing what we love back in 2006 as The Just Slate Company, initially with a small range of hand crafted slate place mats and coasters. Today, Just Slate offers a wide range of great gift ideas that make unique presents for all occasions, including:
- Engagement, wedding or anniversary gifts. From a wide selection of heart themed gifts to beautifully presented slate and oak gift sets.
- Gifts for the new home or visiting. From dining table essentials such as place mats and coasters, to screen printed linen napkins and engraved country-inspired chopping boards.
- Gifts for foodies. Boards and platters for preparing and serving cheese, antipasti, seafood, snacks and more, in Mediterranean-style olive wood or country-style oak, sycamore and slate
- Gifts for him. Including engraved whisky tumbler sets and other barware, as well as country-living themes in engraved mats, trays, and coasters.
- Gifts for her. Including unique gin engraved chopping boards and coasters, bee and hare engraved table- and serveware, and more.
And if you love to entertain, to dine at home - or indeed if catering is your business - we can help you create the perfect table setting for any occasion.
THE JUST SLATE COMPANY - A SCOTTISH HOMEWARE BRAND. FOUNDED 2006
The Just Slate Company is the foundation of the Just Slate family. Credited with creating the concept of slate tableware, we believe our slate products are still the best; handcrafted in Scotland from the finest slate, foam backed to protect your surfaces, and finished with a food safe coating.
The video here gives a flavour of the care that goes into creating our products.
JUST SLATE ALSO INCLUDES A FANTASTIC RANGE OF ADDITIONAL IN-HOUSE BRANDS:
GROWN IN SCOTLAND. MADE IN SCOTLAND.
Sustainably sourced Scottish Oak and Sycamore chopping boards, paddles, serving trays and accessories. All our oak and sycamore comes from environmentally sustainable sources in Scotland, ensuring the future of this beautiful Scottish resource for many more generations.
THE LINEN TABLE:
WOVEN IN SCOTLAND
We have partnered with the last remaining linen mill in Scotland to create a range of sustainable linen homeware, woven using traditional techniques that have been in use on this site since 1825.
We're proud to keep this tradition alive with a collection that includes napkins, place mats, table runners and tea towels all featuring screen printed illustrations of British animals.
THE TASTE OF SUNSHINE
A wide range of handcrafted olive wood products that includes chopping boards/ carving boards, serving bowls and kitchen utensils. Handcrafted in the Mediterranean from sustainably sourced olive wood. Each item is carved out of a single piece of wood making them durable and unique, with no two pieces the same.
ABOUT THE FAMILY
Just Slate is owned and run by Donny Carstairs who was born and raised in St Andrews, Fife. While Donny focuses on the running and development of the business, his mum, dad, sister and brother all have integral roles too.
Mum Louise oversees the showroom and trade show set up while , dad Ian handles import/export shipping. Brother Colin is in charge of production, and sister Emma leads product design and creates the wonderful illustrations featured on our extremely popular engraved and screen printed items.
And last but not least, the remaining member of the family team is Rebus the office dog/security guard.